While most of us make it a point to eat healthy and exercise as often as possible, we tend to
ignore other simple things that actually take a toll on our well-being. Find out if you are
compromising on your health everyday by indulging in these habits that you must say
goodbye to pronto.
1. Wearing heels often: Ok now!!! I think am guilty of this too. Do your back and feet a favour and keep the high heels only for special occasions. Victoria Beckham and Kim Kardashian
may swear by their towering stilettos but they also have a battery of help to cater to their every need. An alarming number of women have started wearing heels on a daily basis, or every
other day. And experts say that wearing high heels affects posture, puts a lot of pressure on
joints, and at times even lead to conditions like painful bunions, hammer toes, back pain and
arthritis. Not to mention the risk of twisting your leg and falling down.
Damage control: Ensure that if you have to wear heels often, they aren’t more than 1.5
inches. Alternatively, carry a pair of flats while you travel and wear heels only for some time. Rest your feet after wearing heels by soaking feet in warm water.
2. Lugging around a heavy handbag: Most women’s handbags weigh an average two to five kilos. Shocked? You should be. The sheer number of things women keep and carry in their
handbags can scare most men off. But carrying around such heavy bags put your health at risk, you’re inviting health problems like back, neck and shoulder pain. Your posture also goes for a toss, lugging around a heavy bag will make you slouch sooner or later.
Damage control: Make it a habit to empty your bag every week or two and carry only absolutely necessary items. Or even better, switch to a smaller bag to avoid the temptation of putting more things in your handbag.
3. Not removing your makeup at night:
Sometimes even the most meticulous women give in and don’t remove their makeup before
turning in at night. While this cardinal sin is a strict no-no, what you should know is that Leaving makeup on all night is inviting skin problems. Your face needs to be cleaned of the makeup, dirt and oil at the end of the day or you will face problems like clogged pores, tired looking skin and pimples. Wearing eye makeup
overnight can cause eye irritation or even infection.
Damage control: Keep a bottle makeup remover and cotton swabs right next to your bed
so that no matter how tired you are, you can just reach out and remove the makeup.
4. Trying to outdo men at drinking: Among those women who feel they can drink as much as men if not more? Do yourself a favour and stay away from such drinking competitions. On an average, women not only weigh lesser than men, they also have lesser body water to dilute the alcohol, meaning they get drunk faster. Not to mention the damage you do to your liver by
these binge drinking sessions.
Damage control: Let the men drink themselves silly. Recognise your limits and stick to them.
5. Wearing ill-fitting bras: Over a whopping 65% of women are thought to wear the wrong sized bra. And wearing an ill-fitting bra can have repurcussions like neck, back and breast pain, bad posture, skin irritation and even breathing
problems. Not only will your clothes sit badly on you but you will also slouch a bit.
Damage control: Go to a lingerie store and get yourself measured by an expert so that you know your exact size. And since women’s bodies tend to change, get yourself measured once a year.
6. Dwelling over the past: When you refuse to let
go or stop thinking of your past or worrying incessantly about the future, you are damaging your present as well your future. Mental stress can drain you of energy and affect you in more ways than you realise. And according to studies,
women have a higher chance of suffering from stress-related disorders than men.
Damage control: If you find yourself depressed or anxious, ask yourself what is causing it. Is it a broken relationship or health woes? Address the problem at the root and don’t be afraid of asking
7. Worrying about looks: Vanity affects both the sexes but it affects a far larger number of women than men. And women have a range of body issues, which can take a toll on them mentally.
Going on numerous diets, having eating disorders and undergoing excessive cosmetic surgery can cause you physical harm.
Damage control: Toss those beauty magazines in the trash and improve your body image by making a conscious effort. Be happy with what you’ve been given.
8. Emotional eating: When was the last time you reached out for that comfort food and guiltily ate it? Women are genetically more emotional than
men while comfort eating affects both sexes, it is said that men tend to eat emotionally when
they’re happy and women when they are upset. And women tend to satiate their cravings with sweet, high calorie foods instead of healthier options.
Damage control: Next time instead of allowing the cravings to get the better of you (and your waistline), distract yourself with something other
9. Not sleeping enough: Do you get your eight hours of sleep every night? Or do you scrimp and then sleep all weekend? Don’t blame a hectic
lifestyle or stress on not getting enough sleep. Not only can inadequate sleep make you feel
lethargic, it can also make you look like hell, apart from causing accidents, overeating and an
increased heart disease risk. Sleep affects your blood pressure and mood more than it affects
Damage control: Go to sleep early as often as you can and wake up at the same time everyday.
Hope this have helped?
Did you like the post? Drop your comment too. You can also share with your friends on facebook and twitter by clicking the required button after the post.
Like my page on facebook : facebook page
Follow on twitter @nikzieadYou can also get direct mail on every post by putting your email in the following box in the upper part of the page at the right side.
Add on bbm too for more direct news: 2A9775B0.
Thanks for reading and sharing…..