Pre-marital sex has become the order of the day and youths feel its the right way to express love in a relationship but the fact is that,there a lot of dignity in waiting.
Here are 10 reasons to wait till marriage.
1. Sex is a powerful force that can destroy if not used properly. Like atomic power, sex is the most powerful creative force given to man. When atomic power is used correctly it can create boundless energy; when it is used in the wrong way it destroys life. Sex is the same kind of powerful force. Sex is a gift from God to give us
the greatest pleasure, to help in creating a deep companionship with one’s spouse and for
procreation of the next generation. But if you play with this powerful force outside the bounds of
marriage, it destroys you and those close to you.
2. Sexual activity for young people arrests their psychological, social and academic development. Studies show that when young
people engage in premarital sex, their academic performance declines and their social
relationships with family and friends deteriorate. This is because adolescents are too immature to deal with the explosive sex drive and it tends to
dominate their life.
3. The majority of women cannot enjoy sex outside of the bonds of marriage. The development of a fulfilling sex life needs the security and peace of the marriage bond. Premarital sex usually takes place sneaking around in hidden places dealing with the fear of
being caught, the fear of pregnancy and feelings
of guilt. All these (worrisome) factors undermine pleasure in premarital sex, most especially for
4. Virginity is to be given to the most important person in your life, the person you committed yourself to stay with forever in
marriage. Your virginity is the most precious thing you have to give to your spouse. Once you lose it, nothing in the world can bring it back. Don’t lose something so precious in a thoughtless way.
5. Those who engage in premarital sex run a high risk of contracting one of the many venereal diseases rampant today, as well as losing their fertility. Not just AIDS, but other common disfiguring diseases like herpes have no
6. Some venereal diseases have no symptoms and many couples discover many years later that they became infertile because of
these diseases. Infertility experts estimate that 80% of today’s infertility is due to venereal
diseases contracted before they married.
7. The best and only method that
guarantees 100% against AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases is to wait for marriage to have sex and maintain fidelity in your marriage.
8. Premarital sex breaks the 10
Commandments given by God. The 10 Commandments are given to man by God to make man happy. They are not outdated and
they are not restrictive. If we follow these laws, we can create happy and prosperous lives. If we
don’t follow them, we will pay a heavy price in divorce, disease, abortions, illegitimate children
and loneliness. Modern men make a big mistake when they think that they can break these
eternal laws and not suffer consequences. The Bible says the bed should be undefiled and if your body can’t hold it again,you should marry.
9. Premarital sex runs the risk of conceiving illegitimate children. Numerous scientific studies show that the children of single mothers
suffer psychologically and are less successful socially and academically than children from
intact families. Above all, children need both their father and their mother. It is wrong to risk having
children who will never have their father’s love, protection and care.
10. If you date and you don’t have sex, you can forget about that relationship when you stop dating. But if you have sex with those you
date and then break up, the nature of sexual involvement creates strong, often unpleasant
memories for your whole life. Every relationship you break up where you had intimate relations is like a mini-divorce. The psychological difficulties of these mini-divorces does damage to your character. Later, when you are married and go to bed with your beloved spouse, these unpleasant memories will accompany you. True love waits. If a boy or girl truly loves you,
they will want the best for you. They will not want you to suffer fear of disease, unwanted pregnancy and the psychological difficulties of pre-marital sex. They will want to experience love with you only in the very best place of all – the love nest of marriage.
Don’t be deceived some guys just want the sex now and would plan marriage later with someone else. Only few marry and even end up having some problems. There could even be issues of lack of trust etc.
Write down your view in the comment box below by simply adding your name and mail with the comment.
Share this with your friends on facebook and Twitter,simply click on the share button.
Follow on twitter @nikkys_corner and @nikziead
Search and like my facebook page: Nikkys Love Corner
Get direct update on bbm: Add 2A9775B0